The 2017 Movember RAID is a unique 2-stage cycling challenge / sportive taking in the highlights of Catalunya. Based in the beautiful city of Girona riders will test themselves on roads from the Vuelta Espana and you will soon realise why this is the chosen training ground for many pro cyclists. This is a true cycling challenge and is set-up for cyclists of all abilities.
With celebrity domestiques, full pro team support, timed climbs and the chance to ride on some of cycling’s most historic and famous roads, this is an event not to missed.
Team and Individual entry available. fundraising options from £250pp or direct entry from £795
Dates: September 28th – October 1st 2017
Entry is open to individuals and teams of ten or five riders. All riders will receive the same pro-level of support on and off the bike.
Pay your own way – No fundraising commitment
Individual sign-up: £795
Team of 5 riders: £3875
Team of 10 riders: £7500
Individual sign-up: £250
Team of 5 riders: £1200
Team of 10 riders: £2300
Minimum Fundraising target of £1200 per rider
September 28th – October 1st 2017
Thursday September 28th 2017
Arrival at hotel. Registration, dinner and pre-event briefing from celebrity rider
Friday September 29th: Stage 1 The El Angels Challenge (80km or 160km)
We start you MOving on this 2-day cycling challenge with a climb made famous by Lance Armstrong during his most powerful years. Els Angels has since been the benchmark for most pro riders to gauge their form before a race season and this is your chance to challenge yourself against the mighty climb.
There are distance challenges testing riders of different abilities and all on the beautiful roads of Catalonia. By the end of the day you will soon understand why this is the destination of choice for so many pro-riders.
We finish the day with dinner, awards and a QA from one of our celebrity riders. Will you be wearing the leaders jersey on stage 2?
Saturday September 30th: Stage 2 The Coast & Mountain Epic (100km or 175km)
This is a true ride of champions taking you out of Girona to the Costa Brava coast and back via one of the highest mountain ranges in the area. Everyone will end today as king of the mountains and feel the sense of achievement that comes with it. This is the type of ride that defines the area, and with routes to suit multiple abilities, will test all types of rider. We return to the beautiful city of Girona for more awards and the Movember after party where we celebrate the achievements of the weekend.
Sunday October 1st: Depart
In the build-up to the event we provide you with all the information and resources needed to ensure you get the most out of the event and perform to the best of your ability.
– Online blogs and seminars covering all aspects of the event from training to clothing and nutrition
– Access to generic training plans and bespoke training plans available from our coaching team
– Pre-event training rides run by Raid domestiques and coaches
– Show you support for men’s health with an exclusive invite to the pre-event Movember charity auction. Enhance your experience by bidding for pro & celebrity team members as well as exclusive Movember cycling gear
– No question too small. Contact our team of experts at any time for advice and support in the build up to the event
THE RAID offer the best support possible meaning you can concentrate on riding your bike and feeling like a pro. All of our team, whether domestiques, mechanics, or sports therapists, have vast experience of looking after riders at every stage of any event. They ensure your comfort and safety on the road whilst providing encouragement and support to help you reach the finish.
– Four star accommodation in an ideal location with fantastic cycling facilities
– Feed & rest stops every 30-40 miles (50-65km)
– Support vehicles and mechanics for all speed groups
– On-road domestiques supporting and motivating you all the way to the finish
– Extensive food options and at all stops
After an event like this you want to celebrate your achievement in style and the beautiful city of Girona is exactly the place to do this. The Raid team will also lay on everything you need to get the most from your challenge and give you every chance of completing it.
– Sports massage available at the finish of each day
-Post ride recovery nutrition available at the finish line
– Daily rider timings on the big screen both for the full distance and timed climbs
– QA’s and talks with celebrity riders
– Evening awards ceremony and dinner
– Celebrate in style at the Movember after party
Our 4* hotel is in an outstanding location just minutes away from Girona City Centre and also has great access to the surrounding countryside. The on site restaurant and bar have spectacular views of the city and the bars and cafe’s of Girona are only a short stroll away giving you plenty to enjoy when off the bike. It also has the ideal set-up for cyclists with plenty of secure bike storage and laundry facilities making it the perfect base of your cycling challenge.