The Passo Dello Stelvio needs no introduction. Peaking at over 2700 metres it is one of the highest roads in Europe and has been the scene of many famous stages of the Giro D’Italia. Ride one or both sides with the support of our on-road support team and add the Passo Gavia for the ultimate Italian cycling challenge.
Scroll down for more Information.
July 15th – 17th 2016
September 16th – 18th 2016 – SOLD OUT
Friday – Arrive in Bormio. Warm-up ride & coffee ( transfer from Milan airport available)
Saturday – Ride the Passo Dello Stelvio. Climb one or both sides and potentially ride the Passo Gavia for the ultimate Italian cycling challenge. Group prize ceremony and dinner
Sunday – Optional morning ride. Depart (transfer to Milan airport)
For groups of 10 or more we can run a RAID STELVIO cycling trip anytime from May 1st – July 31st , or Sept 1st – October 31st. Please email us or use the ask a question form at the top of this page to book.
Our 4* hotel is located in the Italian alpine town of Bormio at the foot of both the Stelvio and the Gavia. With its spa, restaurant and secure bike storage it is the perfect base for this iconic cycling challenge. It is situated in the centre of the town allowing good access to all amenities and close to bars and restaurants for our final night celebrations.
In the build-up to THE RAID STELVIO we provide you with all the information and resources needed to ensure you get the most out of the event and perform to the best of your ability.
– Bike and luggage transfer from the UK providing you with a hassle free flight whilst saving you time and money.
– Pre event training rides run by industry and climbing experts
– Online blogs and seminars covering all aspects of the event from training to clothing and nutrition
– Access to generic training plans and bespoke training plans available from our coaching team
– No question too small. Contact our team of experts at any time for advice and support in the build up to the event
THE RAID try to offer the best support possible. All of our team, whether domestiques, mechanics, or sports therapists, have vast experience of looking after riders at every stage of the RAID STELVIO event. They ensure your comfort and safety on the road whilst providing encouragement and support to help you reach the finish.
– Support vehicles and mechanics checking all riders on each climb. Providing constant support & supplies
– On-road domestiques supporting you all the way to the finish
– Feed station at the top of each ascent
– Spare kit transferred to the summit ensuring warmth on each descent
After an event like this you want to celebrate your achievement in style. THE RAID team make certain that this happens with some fantastic finishing touches to ensure a memorable end to your trip.
– Sports massage available at the finish
– Finish line drinks & food
– Post-ride celebration dinner
– Exclusive RAID STELVIO event jersey
– Bike & Luggage transfer back to the UK
– Membership of the exclusive ‘Cingle de Ventoux’ cycling club